Director of Software Development (# 5709)
Job Title: Director of Software Development
Location: Winston- Salem NC 27107
- This position is for a Director of Software Development for our core distributed systems development group.
- This is a hands-on management position leading a team of developers building and supporting core payment systems applications.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and modernizing the distributed (Windows and Linux) applications that support our core payment networks.
- A key aspect of the role will be to support the migration to Cloud based computing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or another related field
- 10+ years related experience, at least 5 years in a management capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of secure development practices
- Experience in .NET and JAVA development for mission critical applications
- Strong database experience
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Knowledgeable in Project Management methods, processes, and deliverables
- Experience tracking and reporting relevant development metrics (e.g., capacity, productivity, progress, quality)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building a solid team than can work across multiple applications.
- Experience in transformation: Moving .NET platforms to more current technologies.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of an Enterprise Application Architecture.
- Experience in wholesale banking, particularly with payments (ACH, Wires) would be helpful.
- Experience developing and/or migrating applications to the cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Knowledgeable in test automation and CI/CD process and tool sets
- Experience with large Data warehouses, reporting and Business Intelligence
- Certifications are a plus; MCP, MCSD
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the IT infrastructure team, the Planning and Execution team, the third-party vendors, and other Business Groups in the development / delivery of business application.
- Develop and execute an appropriate delivery team model (e.g., resources, skills, process management) to meet current and projected needs/constraints.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget, and high-quality code delivery.
- Effective resource management and planning
- Develop and implement strong Application development techniques and effective methodologies.
- Responsible for providing backend support for the development, testing and other production issues and new projects.
- Manage deployments for Coding, Patching, etc.
- Enterprise Testing - Support the coordination of Component/Unit Testing (dev)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of core enterprise IT infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws as relevant to IT compliance
- Application/Infrastructure Lifecycle
A reasonable, good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum base salary for this position is range $170K/Annum to $180K/Annum. This position will also include a discretionary bonus that generally will be 25% depending on a variety of factors.