Director, Quality Engineering
Job Title: Director, Quality Engineering
Location: NY/ NC/ TX
Duration: Perm (FTE) role
- Overall responsibility of assigned QE efforts to ensure they are on-schedule, reliable, with quality, in accordance with standards and meet all requirements.
- The candidate will provide leadership that guides QE approach, execution, and documentation of results on assigned efforts, including all QE resources associated.
- The candidate will also provide technical mentoring and assist in updating and maintaining standards and policies related to quality.
- Additionally, the Director will work directly with and assist with the management of outsourcing vendor relationships, ensuring quality deliverables are completed on time and in accordance with standards; work with other business and technical departments providing guidance and feedback on assigned projects; and provide personnel management to assigned staff including development, coaching, and general personnel management including goal setting and performance reviews.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent testing efforts
- Experience leading a team testing Web GUI and message-based applications through manual and automated testing
- Experience testing Linux based applications
- Experience using qTest and Selenium testing tools (or equivalent testing tools)
- 5+ years of software testing experience, 2+ years management of a software testing organization
- Understanding of Financial messaging protocols such as ISO 20022
- Management of a team of 4 or more employees
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment such as credit card or financial services
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the overall qualification effort of a software product or system, including test approach, test planning, test scripting, test execution, defect management, testing results documentation, test data management, timeliness, status reporting, and QE resource management, for assigned efforts
- Manage the work efforts of Quality Engineering resources ensuring work is completed on schedule and that they meet standards
- Develop estimates and staffing allocations for assigned potential work efforts
- Participate in the completion of assigned qualification efforts as determined by the VP, Quality Engineering
- Coordinate with other technology departments such as the EPMO, Development, DBA, Networking, Systems Support, IT Security, Change Control, and Operations to update and transfer assignments accurately and in a timely manner, utilizing the approved Change Control system and processes
- Prioritize multiple assigned work streams to best optimize resources, completion dates, and equipment
- Conduct peer-reviews of work products such as test plans, test scripts, and defect descriptions to ensure they meet standards
- Participate or allocate resources to support the research and resolution of production incidents in a timely manner
- Prepare written goals and performance reviews for staff assigned, provide staff development, coaching, and general personnel management
- Provide production installation, contingency testing, and issue support to Operations and customers as requested, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures, under the guidance of the VP, Quality Engineering
- Completeness of testing approach/plan/scripts
- Accuracy of testing results
- Work completed on schedule
- Documentation and Processes followed
- Accuracy and timeliness of employee management responsibilities