Distributed Systems Linux/Unix Engineer
NC, Winston Salem
Senior Linux/ Unix Engineer
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Full Time Employee
Senior-level Linux and UNIX Engineer with experience building, supporting and maintaining large scale server infrastructures in 24X7 production environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years of experience in Linux and UNIX Server installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support.
· Extensive experience with RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x on x86_64 and IBM Power platforms.
· Strong understanding of AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x; in-depth knowledge of LPAR’s, HMC’s and VIO Servers.
· Strong understanding of SAN (IBM and EMC), TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP/Active Directory, firewall and backup solutions.
· Strong understanding of creating and managing virtual machines on Power.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MC Projects, Word Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
· Professional demeanor and be able to effectively work with other staff within the organization.
Experience with IBM PureApp virtualization platform.
Experience with VMware virtualization including VLANs, virtual networking etc.
Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
Knowledge of HP ProLiant DL and BL server families.
Knowledge of Cisco MDS and Brocade switches; knowledge of EMC and IBM disk arrays.
Ability to “think outside the box” in troubleshooting and resolving advanced issues.
Please send resume to email@example.com