Distributor Relations Manager
Strategic Accounts are responsible for the coordination and management of a limited number of key accounts critical to overall business operations. As Distributor Relations Manager you will report to the Director, Strategic Accounts. The primary focus is to support the coordination and management of company’s authorized distributors. As part of the Strategic Accounts team, the Distributor Relations Manager serves as liaison between the organization, sales team and distributors. The primary responsibilities include daily management and stewardship of key distributor relationships. This position will also be responsible for the development and oversight of a comprehensive distributor coordination plan. This position works closely with the Sales Regional Vice Presidents and interfaces externally with distributors and internally with the sales team and, sales enablement to collaboratively enact our distributor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engage with distributors, including distributor senior leadership
- Coordinate internal and external distributor relationships across territories & regions
- Develop updated distributor policies and programs
- Coordinate the development of training materials and active training of distributors on company’s products with the goal of developing internal technical experts within distributor
- Define distributor program elements including pricing methodology, blanket order administration, training, inventory programs, promotional events, etc.
- Develop updated blanket order process and/or loyalty program
- Coordinate with Sales Enablement to create collateral to be used by distributors
What do you need:
- Bachelor's degree required, concentration in engineering or business preferred.
- 5 years' experience in channel management in business-to-business setting.
- Knowledge of the application and operation in medium voltage electrical equipment preferred.
- Experience presenting technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Strong technical abilities with good interpersonal and communication skills. Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Good PC skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including occasional international travel.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, and skilled decision maker that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Relevant Work Experience:
- Prefer around 10 years of previous sales experience within the Electric Power industry, other possible backgrounds that may be equivalent include the following: marketing, application, and service experience.