eCommerce Scrum Master
Ecommerce Scrum Master:
We’re looking for project manager that will successfully lead projects using two different software methodologies: waterfall projects that are longer-term projects enterprise-wide, as well as initiatives that are run with agile software development methodologies for tarte’s direct-to-consumer business.
- Build consensus across multiple stakeholders: development, QA, digital product management, accounting, customer service, merchandising, supply chain, social media, acquisition/site/brand marketing, copy and product development.
- Maintain a repository of all project documentation that allows easy access for your wide range of partners: project scope, budget, requirements, vendor contracts, timelines, meeting notes and action items.
- Enterprise / waterfall: Manage the execution of approved projects according to established target dates and budgets. Projects require cross-functional coordination, communication, and influence.
- Prioritization: Ability to take requests from many cross-functional partners, both big and small initiatives. Prioritize and set multiple projects in motion simultaneously.
- Planning and resourcing: Demonstrate effective planning. Ability to set and manage realistic project timelines with stakeholders. When challenged with a tight deadline, ability to think outside the box to find innovative solutions in order to meet the deadlines.
- Velocity: Measure the team’s development and QA velocity. Identify opportunities to improve velocity while maintaining the same level of resources.
- Reporting project status: Effectively report progress to stakeholders and leadership, this includes both lower effort initiatives (e.g. A/B testing) and large projects (major incremental revenue driving initiatives)
- Post-launch: Ensure cross-functional teams involved in daily operations understand their role in making the project successful. Assist teams to ensure results are reported regularly.
- Manage the goals and timelines for “always on” projects, for example:
- Security, privacy and WCAG guidelines
- Site speed & SEO strategies
- Run RFPs when tarte chooses to leverage a third party instead of building a customer experience or technical product in house:
- Set goals
- Develop scorecard evaluations
- Align with internal partners on budget, timeline, and resources, both internal and external
- Ensuring the selected vendor partner has the right resources in place during implementation and when running the business going forward
- Comfortable building relationships with partners in a remote work environment
- Ability to effectively run large meetings of cross-functional stakeholders
- Clear and concise verbal/written communication of complicated issues that may not yet be fully understood. Ability to ask questions to help teams uncover problems before it becomes an issue for our customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Flexibility is key.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and a tactical level: Guide the team to determine the strategy, then lead the project to deliver intended results
- Proven relationship builder with diverse, remote stakeholder groups
- Desire and ability to be a team player who appreciates an entrepreneurial environment
- At least 8 years’ experience running cross-functional projects across development, QA, UX, design.
- Knowledge and experience of integration points between an E-Commerce application with Order Management, Warehouse Management, Financial and Retail Systems
- Proven experience distilling large amounts of information into the key points to share with leadership
- Prior experience in direct-to-consumer supply chain / 3PL a major plus, including building new supply chains
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Engineering or Operations Management preferred
- In compliance with current New York State and New York City mandates, any employee who works in or for the NYC office must provide proof of COVID vaccination