Ellucian Banner / Oracle DBA
We are seeking an Ellucian Banner / Oracle DBA for a full time permanent position with our client in Poughkeepsie, NY. Candidates must work onsite. Client will consider visa transfer and OPT candidates.
The DBA will have primary responsibility for Oracle database implementations, performance-tuning and support on a Linux operating system in a clustered configuration, interface and integration configuration with Liferay portal and other open source and third-party products. Major technical duties include installation and upgrades of Oracle products, monitoring and tuning system performance, establishing user access controls, database security, defining new/modified database tables, and device configuration and planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technical leader to insure timely completion of projects.
- Create, maintain and refresh required Oracle instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
- In conjunction with the network security administrator, establish and manage user access, and design and implement security architecture.
- Monitor security breaches, error log(s), database and log space, user activity and resource utilization of production environment.
- Work with application programmers to insure that application problems do not adversely affect production operations.
- Monitor system resources of database servers to assure production systems meet performance & availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Provide after hours on-call support for critical database issues.
- Provide expert assistance in SQL statement tuning to improve performance.
- Act as project liaison and coordinate with Linux system administrators for application of OS patches and maintenance required for database servers.
- Following standards, write, maintain and document Linux scripts needed in support of applications.
- Work with ERP project team (or other project teams as required) to determine needs, set priorities, create project plans and determine schedule for installations/upgrades.
- Document all related procedures including disaster recovery.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and five years experience in the information technology field required.
- Position requires significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures.
- Ideal candidate should have experience as an Ellucian Banner/Oracle DBA in a Linux environment.
- Experience with IBM System z mainframe a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.email@example.com
- Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.