EMR Clinical Analyst
NOTE: During the initial training period, the candidate will be required to report to the office in Frankfort for two (2) days out of the week. The length of the initial training period is largely dependent upon the candidate's ability to learn the EHR system. After the training period, the position will be predominately remote; however, the candidate may need to report to the office or the Hospital Facility as needed. The agency may terminate or modify the telecommuting arrangement at any time.
The EMR Clinical Analyst has responsibility for the implementation, support, adoption, and optimization of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) application for BHDID facilities. The analyst will be the subject matter expert for the Meditech EMR application and will, once fully on-boarded, lead and perform in the following duties:
- end-user training,
- optimizing hospital facility workflows,
- create/maintain clinical documentation templates,
- maintain clinical orders and order sets,
- act as a liaison between the clinical and technical teams,
- address patient safety issues
The EMR Clinical Analyst will share responsibilities of building modules for the Meditech application:
PCS, PWM, OE, AOM
Essential job functions:
- EMR Application testing and User acceptance testing toward newly developed functionality or system upgrades
- Analysis, testing, training, and support of MEDITECH EMR clinical system.
- In-depth analysis and optimization of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of MEDITECH.
- Provide support to users and assist to team members.
- Liaison between clinicians, facility staff, information services, and leadership teams.
- Identify/monitor change requests for software enhancements (regs, best practice, patient safety) from a clinical perspective.
- Implementation support for future modules by assisting the business owners of each module with reengineering process, data flow, reporting and security, including role-based access.
- Clinician: LPN, LVN, RN clinical background
- Education: Associate/Bachelors Health Information Technology
- Equivalent experience can substitute for education.
- The ideal candidate will have real world experience and exposure in the following areas;
- Clinical experience (LPN, LVN, RN)
- EMR/EHR application user
- EMR/EHR application support
- Meditech module build experience application is a definite plus
- EMR/EHR Help Desk Support