Enterprise Cloud Architect
Title: Enterprise Cloud Architect (MS Azure)
Type: Perm opportunity
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or remote (east coast hours).
Must Have: Client is Microsoft shop, looking for experience in MS Azure. Experience helping companies in blueprinting, architecting, constructing and deploying their cloud platform.
“US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Our Client is embarking on an exciting and dramatic evolution as a global asset management company in order to become more client-centric, technologically-enabled, and data-driven. As part of this evolution, we are investing in Enterprise Architecture which will play a pivotal role in the intersection of transformation and innovation of our global organization.
As a critical member of the Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EACoE), the Enterprise Cloud Architect (ECA) is accountable for proactively and holistically leading the development of future-state cloud architecture for the enterprise, in response to disruptive forces, and towards achieving targeted business outcomes. This role is responsible for defining, implementing and communicating the vision of the Cloud platform architecture and services that support business strategies. This individual will provide strategic and architectural leadership, oversight, guidance and support to align cloud capabilities and services with the needs of the enterprise. They will lead a community consisting of solution architects and engineers and will serve as the technical leader to design, innovate, and roadmap long-term Cloud and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) strategies.
- Technically leads Cloud Center-of-Excellence (CoE), technical capability architecture, and cloud services design.
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle journey aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology
- Leads the architecture practice and sets strategic direction around IaC to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Rightscale, Morpheus, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Partners with cross-functional teams to roadmap technology & business capabilities into executables, as well as to improve efficiencies and reduce operating expenses
- Accountable for identifying, designing, building, and implementing API services and having end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction, delivery effectiveness, and cost transparency
- Establishes, communicates, and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use
- Develops Infrastructure services roadmaps to enable innovation that creates business value in alignment with strategy and operating model
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud when consulting with partners to determine technical requirements, feasibility, cost, and performance
- Strategizes with peers to develop outcomes based services functionality, scalability, and technology
- Collaborates with application architecture teams to develop collaborative designs, solutions, and alternatives to enable application innovation and delivery
- Designs and implements multi-tiered/cross-cloud solutions that are highly available and resilient
- Implements/integrates cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments
- Works with engineering teams to accelerate software delivery
- Maintains deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud and related technologies
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs (business applications, dev/ops, digital applications, network, infrastructure, architecture and delivery).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Application/solution architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) in an enterprise environment
- Leadership experience in a technical environment, preferably in a high performing service environment with quantifiable results
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between technology and the applications/services
- Extensive experience across a diverse spectrum of IT disciplines including Cloud (Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP), IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center
- Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies
- Extensive service management and service delivery experience with global companies
- Ability to see the "big picture" across private and public hosted technology services, identity management, security, network, enterprise storage and data, end user experience, and training/education
- Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures
- Extensive experience managing multi-year MSPs globally improving quality while reducing cost
- Extensive experience overseeing highly diverse technical teams globally, leading innovation & cloud transformation
- Ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies