We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Technical Architect for the Financial Systems Modernization (FSM) project. The University’s ERP Financials Systems Modernization program will be carried out in three phases: Pre-Implementation, Implementation and Post-production support.
- This position will be responsible for leading all technical activities related to ERP systems implementation, architecture, and best practices.
- The successful candidate will provide guidance and direction for technical decisions regarding technical specifications, system design, development, testing, integration, system administration, instance strategy, enhancements, deployments, upgrades and release management.
- The Technical Architect will collaborate with functional leads and vendors to assess system configuration, security controls, system interfaces, audit logs, and support services. This role will direct the efforts of vendors and internal developers and provide hands-on experience to ensure the system is implemented on time and on budget complying with best practices. The candidate will be expected to create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) identifying dependencies/risks to efficiently assign resources, track planned-to-actual task completion, report project status, and project issues weekly as well as recommend a development plan for the programmer analyst/development team to reduce dependency on vendors.
- The technical architect will manage all full-cycle (phases) system efforts including extended functionality, new releases, and ensure the reliability, availability, and security of the system, regardless of its physical location. The position will prioritize and allocate the technical team to meet project deliverables in a rapidly changing application development and administrative environment. This role will assist the Director of Financial Systems Modernization Program to make strategic decisions with respect to the technology road map with a strong understanding of strategic IT solutions.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ of experience leading large-scale ERP full lifecycle implementations in a Technical Architect or equivalent role
• Experience managing Technical Teams spanning development, database administration, system administration, and infrastructure teams.
• Minimum five years’ full-time work experience developing workflows, reports, interfaces, conversions, and extensions for ERP applications including Financials, HR/Payroll, and Supply Chain.
• Minimum five years’ of experience architecting, developing, and integrating applications on enterprise platforms
• Proven knowledge and success as a team leader, including supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation.
• Experience in large ERP upgrades is preferred
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Date Warehouse tools.
• Strong functional knowledge of ERP applications including GL, AR, AP, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Budgeting, Planning, Forecasting, and Purchasing.
• Experience in working with higher education financial accounting systems.
Job Competencies: Required:
• Strong leadership and team building skills inspiring others to work toward collective success.
• Skill utilizing system and database performance and tuning and experience with relational database design/development.
• Strong technical background and strong project management skills.
•Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to perform object oriented analysis and design analysis.
• Experience with SDLC best practices.
• Self-motivated to keep up with current trends and new technologies in software development.
• Collaborate and be a team player
• Represent the Department in a positive way to the business community