Bachelor degree preferred.
* Minimum seven to ten years of increasingly responsible administrative or secretarial experience, preferably in a complex health care or professional office setting.
* Documented proficiency and advanced skills in a variety of computer software applications (including word processing, spread sheets, presentation applications).
*Prefer applicants with advanced skills in relation to Microsoft Office Suite products.
*Strong sense of service orientation in responding to the needs of internal and external customers.
*Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, both internal and external to the Hospitals; strong interpersonal skills required.
* Strong written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills required. Must be able to plan, organize and work on various tasks concurrently; must be able to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a professional manner.
* Analytical ability required to track revenue/expenses and to effectively manage multiple projects at one time. The hours are flexible, the hiring manager is looking for someone 5 days a week, 4 hours a day preferable, OR 4 days a week, 5 hours a day. The manager is usually in the office between 9 and 5 so the hours would have to be within that time frame.
* The incumbent will work on various tasks/projects concurrently with the need to prioritize as dictated by management needs.
* Performs work independently or as well as part of the administrative support team as required.
* Provides management of the budget, and development of communications on behalf of the Executive(s) Consistently manages and administers all office functions related to the executive’s day to day operations.
* Maintains confidentiality of reports, documents and records. This includes personnel files, staffing and position control records, financial reports, project/proposal reports, financial plans and operating strategies. Completes and oversees specially assigned projects with minimal supervision in a timely and efficient manner.
* Maintains confidentiality of reports, documents and records. This includes personnel files, staffing and position control records, financial reports, invoices, project/proposal reports, financial plans, and operating strategies.
* Maintains regular contact with all levels of management and staff within the Medical Center, University and BSD by gathering data, relaying messages, obtaining information, etc. Manages and administers a wide range /variety of word processing/spreadsheet/power point tasks in final form, which are often confidential in nature and may require, detailed proofreading and/or grammatical changes for accuracy.
* Works with all levels of UCMC and Division of Biological Sciences leadership, as well as all levels of staff within the Medical Center to research issues, work on various project and committee assignments, as directed.
* Manages daily operations for the Office, organizes multiple tasks, identifies and implements methods of improving daily operations. Identifies functional or operational changes needed as part of the department support team function for service improvement; draft for management review written policy/procedures for these suggested changes.
* Completes and oversees specially assigned projects with minimal supervision in a timely and efficient manner. Coordinates with department administrative team members in regular ordering of supplies, completion of work orders, etc. for department office as needed. Performs other duties assigned.
* Performs nonstandardized and varied administrative and secretarial duties for dean/department head/ executive to relieve him/her of administrative and business detail. Manages, coordinates, schedules and maintains calendar or program activities for dean/department head/executive. Schedules and arranges meetings, plans agenda, and arranges travel as required.
* Acts as liaison for supervisor with internal and external groups/offices/constituents. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with external offices. Compiles data, statistics, and other information and materials for meetings, lectures, etc. Composes correspondence for dean's/ executive's signature; prepares reports, presentations, etc. Plans events and performs special projects.
* Oversees office workflow; identifies issues and areas for improvement. Recommends strategies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of administrative staff. May supervise and/or provide functional guidance to lower level office staff. Provides or manages staff support for committees, meetings, etc. Participates in meetings. Reviews, processes and responds to or distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail, documents, and other materials. Performs other similar and related duties as required.