Executive Assistant (SF & MTV)
Executive Assistant: Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and the Vice President of Information Technology
Duration : 3 Month contract
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide group of volunteers, and with a mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible to all. We drive impact through our products, technology and people by advocating for individuals’ online lives and on their behalf for the health of the Internet.
Do you like a beautiful spreadsheet just as much as messy calendar? Are you happiest when every day is different than the one before and the next one after? Do you consider yourself a “people person”?
Mozilla is searching for an administrative assistant to work with the Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and the Vice President of Information Technology. This poised and polished assistant understands effective communications and is a master of daily planning, prioritization, and juggling the demands of both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate has a collaborative work style, is exceptionally well organized, effectively multi-tasks, prioritizes, and has strong written and verbal communication skills. This position requires extensive use of interpersonal skills, effective listening, judgment, and self-management. You must be proficient and poised in a fast paced, high demand organization and operate with finesse, flawless judgment, and confidentiality. And you must be confident and comfortable supporting two executives, several ongoing projects for multiple teams and meeting regularly scheduled deadlines.
This position will be based in our San Francisco and Mountain View offices.
* Daily advanced calendaring, meeting preparations, and assisting Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and the Vice President of Information Technology by anticipating their day (meeting agendas, conference/video call meeting setups, etc)
* Effective business communications with other Mozilla Senior Executives, other external C-Level Executives, and their Executive Assistants
* Complex arrangement and coordination of international travel schedules and trip logistics
* Financial Management: opening finance and legal tickets, tracking expenditures and overall budget maintenance in partnership with Finance team
* Triaging Requests: request screening, acknowledgment, routing, via email and phone and other communication means (Slack, text, etc.) all the way from beginning to request completion
* Overall understanding and management of the departments operations, policies and procedures
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
* 7-10 years of high level, complex executive administration work experience for a C-level executive
* Confidentiality, discretion, and conflict management
* Critical thinking, decision making, and creative problem solving skills
* Critical anticipation, proactive, and judgment skills. Ability to quickly problem solve in a dynamic environment and “think on your feet.”
* Ability to function independently and in a team environment
* Exceptional and proven organizational, time management, and scheduling skills; attention to detail, world-class follow-through. Responsive to changing demands.
* Project coordination and ability to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated passion for developing, executing, learning, improving, and sharing best practices. Process improvement skills
* Business meetings, strategic planning meetings, and event coordination. Ideally, experience in Corporate team business and activities
* Strong relationship management and customer service skills
* Effective verbal and written business communications, listening skills, simplifying details and requests. Creative writing and business English skills
* Remaining poised and professional under pressure
* Mastery of presentation and computation programs (Google Drive, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel) and current social networking systems (Slack, Wiki Pages, Workday, etc.)
List of ''Must haves''
- Able to operate in a fast pace environment and context switch on daily basis as this individual will be supporting two VPs – strong organizational, time management and scheduling skills
- In office 8-5pm, Mon & Wed in SF, Tues & Thurs in MV
- Pro-active, independent and function well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience doing complex arrangements and coordinating international travel and trip logistics
- Comfort using applications such as powerpoint, excel, keynote, bill.com, slack, CASA, google drive…etc.
- Confidentiality, discretion
- Ability to take real-time meeting minutes (as needed),
- Experience managing expense reports and organizing team offsites
- Experience with cross-org collaboration and relationships
Mozilla is a global and highly diverse organization chock-full of deeply talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are meaningful, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.