Executive Director, Business Process Management
Our client in Parsippany, NY has a full-time opportunity for an Executive Director of Business Process Management:
The Director / Executive Director – Business Process Management (BPM) is responsible for establishing, driving and leading the Organization. Provide strategic planning and oversight in discovery, validation, and documentation of existing and new business processes, while ensuring alignment of BPM initiatives with corporate goals and strategic plans.
Responsible for building and managing a team of business process analysts focused on analyzing, designing and documenting business processes including consideration of the human and organizational aspects of the those changes and the related transformation. Driving the use of business process management (BPM) technology, with the aim of creating a process-managed organization positioned to better deliver business outcomes. The team’s duties include gain consensus on new process concepts and build business partnerships to move process improvement and transformation/innovation forward. The BPM leader must mature process competencies to help drive the enterprise to achieve and sustain business outcomes. This includes education and training, presenting a vision to the broader organization of the BPM benefits and challenges, and identifying business performance and incentive metrics, to ensure continuous, sustained, organization wide business operations improvement, transformational change, and valued business outcomes.
Initiatives will include, but are not limited to, proactive continuous improvement, business process/workflow capability in order to improve overall process excellence across the enterprise, strategic scorecards and dashboards and best practices in business processes, and operational excellence.
- Establishing, driving and leading the BPM program - targeting and prioritizing work on business processes that support business and corporate strategies and objectives, gaining governance agreement on priorities and presenting road maps.
- Align the BPM strategy to an enterprise-strategy-prioritized to improve specific processes or larger transformational initiatives.
- Set the mission, strategy, and road-map of the Business Process Management organization in order to foster a business-oriented culture that and drive continual service improvement. (Existing process definition and future process definition)
- Act as a trusted advisor, build and maintain relationships with business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs, opportunity for continuous process improvement.
- Documenting and analyzing current business processes throughout the organization and identifying improvement opportunities. Working closely and collaborating with all business functions.
- Designing new processes and facilitating solving of process related challenges within the organization.
- Management and leadership of a variety of process improvement and process management activities utilizing continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, and operational excellence practices. Initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project or be a standalone initiative and may be focused in the areas of transformation and innovation, differentiation, efficiency / cost-containment, etc.
- Planning, performing, and implementing process improvement projects and initiatives that deliver value to the business, resulting in measurable business outcomes. Managing scope, budget, and resources. Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of implemented process improvement initiatives.
- Data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, and developing performance metrics
- Leading cross-functional business initiatives and aligning with executive management.
- Facilitating data gathering sessions utilizing various methods to elicit information (conducting interviews, meetings, surveys, etc.)
- Educating and training the company on business process improvement theory and methods
- Providing guidance to business functions with writing Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, provides input on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources.
- Develop and monitor operating expenditure budgets for the BPM function.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to be competitive in the market.
- People management including coaching, motivating and development planning in a multicultural environment.
?Desired knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Resource Management skills - Strong ability to lead teams and effectively plan and organize their work.
- Strategic Partnership – ability to build strong collaborative business relationships and work cross functionally.
- Advanced Leadership and Strategic Thinking skills
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for the overall enterprise, as well as for specific projects.
- Strong Program Management, financial and strategic planning experience.
- The ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that support the evolution of the Process Management organization.
- Strong Program Management, financial and strategic planning experience.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to creatively influence ideas and the ability to resolve multiple, conflicting viewpoints in order to set the scope and outcomes of BPM work.
- Advanced capability to effectively manage large workloads with the ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
- Strong Change Management skills - Keen sense of organizational change techniques that will engage employees and drive the adoption of process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to positively and effectively communicate at all times and in a variety of complex circumstances. Must have experience delivering complex messages to stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Intellectually inquisitive and creative.
- Strong decision making, critical and conceptual thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, including strong intellectual integrity.
- Extensive BPM project experience along with strong execution skills.
- Strong data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis — including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs.
- Strong understanding of different process styles (such as structured/unstructured, case management and decision-oriented)
- Visionary leadership and tactical delivery - the ability to create original concepts and theories across a variety of projects, and to think creatively and beyond normal constraints, including across functional and organizational boundaries inside and outside of the enterprise.
- Teaching/educating/coaching/mentoring stakeholders toward continuous process improvement.
- In depth functional / industry knowledge across multiple industries with strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to travel 10%+
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience managing and directing teams.
- 10-15 years of experience with leadership in business process design and engineering.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience influencing key decision makers or senior executives in a large, cross-functional team setting.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred but not required.
- Deep experience and use of various Business Process Analysis and Design tools, e.g., ARIS, Proforma ProVision and/or SaaS and cloud-based tools such as Lombardi Blueprint.
- Experience with Automated Business Process Discovery (ABPD) tools.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design & development and the ability to lead transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
No of direct reports: 3
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to email@example.com.