Field Support Technician
NY, Staten Island
We are looking for a IT Field Support Technician for a permanent position with our client based out of Staten Island, NY. This is a 100% field support position working mainly in Queens and Brooklyn. Must have valid driver's license from NJ or NY and use own vehicle while working.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
- Provide first point of contact for support issues
- Answer a high volume of phone calls, collaborating with customers to resolve applications, wireless devices, printer, or computer problems in real time
- Process service tickets/work logs related to related problems, train customers on applications and various wireless peripherals
- Elevate complex issues/problems to appropriate team members
- Troubleshoot and correct problems on site
- Perform scheduled hardware and/or software installations.
- Configure, Install, and more importantly maintain new or used peripherals, network printers, and POS equipment.
- Assist customers with desktop applications, maintenance and troubleshooting Network Equipment, remotely using TeamViewer, MS Office, ADC, Windows etc.
- Install, train and deploy new applications, ADC application, Scales configuration, and Wireless peripherals. (Data collection, Network Validation, and Training/Network Standardization)
- Work to gather information, or resolve issue independently or collaboratively
- Quickly learn and retain relevant system knowledge
- Telecommunications line installer and repairer, basic data communications troubleshoot, terminate data cable, know how to run data cable if needed (short runs only) and trace a cable to determine if it's good or not.
- Support stores for grand opening
- Respond to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective manner
- Provide feedback to manager regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Experience or education in the IT field preferred; Associates degree required
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to think and work independently
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Supervisory skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Must be capable of lifting and/or carrying up to 30 lbs.
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to email@example.com.