Front End Development Lead w/Demandware
NY, New York
We are seeking a Front-End Development Lead with Demandware experience for a contract or permanent position with our client in NYC.
This position will be responsible for supporting the E-Commerce and digital marketing team in updating and maintaining the E-commerce and content websites. Will be a key contributor on an innovative, fast-paced team and help to build a dynamic presence on the Internet through the development and maintenance of ongoing content.
- Help to manage day-to-day efforts to ensure smooth and efficient website updates including production updates, creative assets, code changes, and collaborating on new site initiatives
- Facilitate cross functional communication around all production activities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on all website preparation and all site updates
- Partner with internal teams as well as external vendors to ensure the development of best-in-class and highly functional website on desktop, tablet and mobile devises.
- Create and manage detailed project plans and timelines for all technical & assigned projects
- Field all technical requests, assess scope and prioritize action items for Senior Management
- Document all infrastructure processes such as APIs, automated testing, and hosting, as needed
- Write requirements documentation for all technical projects
- Help to manage key tools and processes such as content management, code repository & image hosting
- Liaise with Digital Marketing and Creative teams to manage delivery of all website assets and copy
- Work with internal teams and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking and ongoing maintenance of e-commerce website
- Heavy involvement in QA/testing and launching of any implementations on desktop, tablet and mobile websites
- Assist with requirements definition, specifications, vendor selections, design, development, and timelines for key initiatives
- Assist with web production process definition, optimization and implementation
- Troubleshoot minor issues on the website; escalate as needed
Desired Skills & Expertise
- 4+ years in a similar role, 4-year college degree preferred
- 2+ years PHP development experience
- Experience in Demandware development A MUST! Google Tag Manager a plus.
- Experience in code versioning and related tools, such as Subversion, Git
- Experience working on a beauty / luxury business to consumer website a plus, but not required
- Ability to deliver a range of multiple projects with tight timelines, simultaneously
- Understanding of Responsive Design
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Highly organized & detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter approach to job