Full Stack Java Developer
Title: Full Stack Java Developer
Type: Long term contract
Location: Newark, NJ
Client is firm has $957 billion of assets under management including $412 billion in institutional assets, $205 billion in retail assets, and $340 billion in proprietary assets. Over 900 global institutional clients have entrusted. Fixed Income with their assets. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered around mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency, and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture; dedicated to fostering growth & development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.
Our Technology Solutions Group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for you to build out scalable applications to support our Compliance, Finance, Data Governance, Operational Risk, and Human Resources teams. You will need to have in-depth technical knowledge as a full-stack Java developer and should feel comfortable working within large internal and external data sets. We want you to see this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity, so if this sounds interesting, then could be the place for you.
• Develop quality front-end and back-end applications in an agile environment and create prototypes and POCs (Proof of Concept) to validate, promote, and define the technology strategies.
• Align with the Shared Services Solution Lead, Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
• Work in an iterative/Agile environment as a good team player.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
• Research emerging technologies and develop POC’s
• Work with the latest CI/CD DevOps deployment model
• Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
Your Required Skills:
• 10+ years hands on experience in Java enterprise development using Spring Boot, Spring JPA, Hibernate, Gradle and Microservice
• Experience with BitBucket, Jenkins, Gradle, Git. Cloud experience working with AWS S3/EC2/SQS
• Direct experience supporting front office end-users and sound understanding of capital markets within Fixed Income.
• Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps.
• Experience with both UI and UX design.
• Familiarity with security concepts authentication, authorization and SSL
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
• Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
• Experience providing ongoing support for a wide-range of technology solutions
• Experience developing solutions in BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field.