** Please email a copy of your resume, in a word document, to: Rachel.Tapley@harveynashusa.com **
Sr. Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Location: DT Seattle
Duration: 1 year (Possibility of extension or conversion)
Want to work for one of the most exciting companies in Seattle? THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!!
We are looking for a highly talented, collaborative full-stack senior software engineer to help build and maintain the software that powers some of the most visited internet cites! The person in this role must be comfortable deriving design from detailed functional requirements, building elegant solutions to difficult problems, and mentoring junior engineers.
Are you a highly collaborative team oriented engineer looking to use agile development methodologies? Do you have experience in object oriented design and development, a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience and a team-based attitude? If so, THIS IS YOUR CALLING!
You will be responsible for developing highly scalable, performant and available software, communicating with internal software clients of the platform, and collaborating effectively with the team.
(*data modeling skills are a plus)
What to expect:
- Developing, unit testing and implementing complex software from the ground up.
- Reviewing and understanding functional requirements and technical specs, providing clear guidelines to operations for implementing new products
- Answering/driving solutions to technical and implementation issues.
- Taking leadership in owning bugs/features from Backend to Frontend and driving them to completion
- Evaluating and researching new technologies and solutions
-If you are a technical leader, enjoy sharing responsibility with other senior team members, and have strong problem solving skills, you would fit right into the team. We are collaborative, team oriented and ambitious team!
What we expect:
- That you engage with development managers and teams to bring updates, changes and new functionality to fruition
- Work with architecture teams to develop the approach and solution to new requirements
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS/Math OR equivalent experience in field)
- 7 years of experience in software design & development
- 1-3 years of experience as a full stack developer
- Java dev experience is A MUST!
- Experience in internet commerce, electronics or consumer goods environment
- Experience in design/development using object oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of AngularJS, Backbone.js or some other modern client-side application framework
- Development experience with highly visited websites (including optimal use of caching)
- Experience using RESTful resource-oriented web services
- Experience building AJAX enabled dynamic web sites
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment & experience working in agile teams (e.g., Scrum, XP)
- Experience working with SQL databases and others such as such as Cassandra and Mongo and with Maven