Fullstack Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Location: DT Seattle
Duration: 1 year
Day in the life:
- Developing, unit testing and implementing complex software from the ground up.
- Understanding and reviewing functional requirements and technical specs, providing clear guidelines to operations for implementing new products and answering/driving solutions to technical and implementation issues.
- Taking leadership in owning features/bugs from Backend to Frontend and driving them to completion
- Researching and evaluating new technologies and solutions
- Being a technical leader for the team, sharing responsibility with other senior team members for resolving technical problems and answering questions about the platform.
- Engage with development managers and teams to bring updates, changes and new functionality to fruition
- Work with architecture teams to develop the approach and solution to new requirements
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, EE or equivalent experience in field
- 7 years of experience in software design and development
- 1-3 years of experience in full stack development
- Java development experience is a must
- Previous experience in internet commerce, electronics or consumer goods environment or other
- Experience in design and development using object oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Understanding of AngularJS, Backbone.js or some other modern client-side application framework based systems
- Development experience with highly visited websites, including optimal use of caching
- Experience building AJAX enabled dynamic web sites
- Experience using RESTful resource-oriented web services
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Experience working in agile teams (e.g., Scrum, XP)
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience working with SQL databases and others such as such as Cassandra and Mongo and with Maven
- Ability to implement client interfaces following visual, written design reference documents, as well as improve the design where needed
- Able to manage fast-paced projects, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
- Superior communication skills to maintain effective relationships with all levels of personnel
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, initiative and follow-through skills
- Strong presentation/ training delivery experience