Head of Infrastructure - Americas
NY, New York
Title: Head Of Infrastructure
Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: NYC, NY
Must Have: Strategic Infrastructure Management experience on a global platform covering infrastructure technologies (servers, networks, DBA, operation support, operation, cloud, automation, ITIL)
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure. We have representative support personnel in most global offices, but the bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Luxembourg, Singapore & New York. We are building one global team capable of building a single global platform to operate on. There are many Initiatives in the pipeline including new data centres, cloud technology, automation, new offices and new operating models.
Overview of role
- Global Infrastructure consists of Architecture, Service Management, Projects & Programmes, User Services, Platforms & Communications. The team is going through a major transformation affecting every aspect of the service it delivers. As we globalise our technologies & operating models, strong leadership is required to drive the vision and strategy.
- Based in our New York office, this role is a key member of the regional technology management team as well as a member of global infrastructure management.
- Working closely with their global counterparts this role will be responsible for all infrastructure in the Americas region. The successful candidate will be required to drive change, drive global standards and understand the various regulatory environments we operate in.
- Maintaining a stable environment for the business to operate is vital deliverable for this role. The role will need to drive operational efficiencies and provide the highest standards for production systems. We aim to create a world-class user experience we need to drive and adopt the latest user technologies whilst simultaneously making a strong support function which understands the needs of their customers. The role has all regional infrastructure staff reporting into them, so experience in leading & inspiring distributed teams is key.
- Lead a distributed team of ten engineers and support staff to design, implement and support infrastructure for the Americas region.
- Work closely with the Global Head of Infrastructure Technology to develop technology implementation and impact across region and all aspects of infrastructure strategy.
- Work closely with Head of Americas Technology on achieving goals of the region.
- Drive world-class service to our users and adopt innovative technologies & methodologies.
- Participate in both regional and global initiatives and seek opportunities to establish the Americas as a center-of-excellence in selected areas of infrastructure.
- Make sure all aspects of platforms are designed, engineered & operated to support the business, including regional nuances particular to the Americas.
- Work closely with information security teams to ensure all designs & deployments are secure and aligned to the global standards.
- Partner closely with infrastructure peers and subject matter experts in global locations.
- Understand & collaborate on global strategies and drive regional execution.
- Drive global technology standards, with multiple vendors across various use-cases.
- Drive automation and build a team capable of developing orchestration layers, self-provisioned services and efficient, repeatable delivery of operational tasks.
- Understand regional compliance and regulatory requirements as pertains to infrastructure technology.
- Support the organizational adoption of data and metrics reporting for improvement in performance, delivery and support activities.
- Have a strong troubleshooting mindset.
- Engage actively in operational service reviews with the global service management and service desk functions.
- Manage regional vendors and conduct regular service reviews of delivery against SLAs.
- Maintain high-levels of uptime across the entire regional infrastructure estate
- Plan & build the internal road-map for the region delivering to the wider Infrastructure time table.
- Act as an effective conduit of messages between the global and regional infrastructure teams.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to drive change.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team, striving always for individual and team personal development.
- Solid industry knowledge of current trends and future plans.
- Solid understanding of software provisioned infrastructure.
- Understand platform, cloud & containerised computing technologies, including Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understand what world-class customer service looks like and how to deliver it.
- • Strong understanding of networking, server, virtualization, storage, voice and desktop technology, ideally with subject matter expertise in at least two of these.
- Background in financial services or technology industry highly desirable – or a similar, time-pressured highly focused industry.
- Experienced in building financial models around infrastructure business cases.
- Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring performance & capacity
- Familiar with key industry vendors including Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Paolo Alto, Citrix, Pure, EMC and Lenovo
- Strong knowledge of server platforms & fully utilising capacity
- Strong knowledge of virtualization & provisioning technologies
- Solid knowledge of storage and backup environments
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Exchange Online.
- Solid understanding of directory services and identity management.
- Understanding of databases, both tradition (SQL & Oracle) and unstructured types (Hadoop)
- In-depth knowledge of the latest Microsoft server and desktop technologies
- Strong exposure to systems management software.
- Excellent understanding of performance tuning and latency and it’s affect on applications.
- Sound understanding of audit processes and security controls.
- Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- An exceptional written and verbal communicator and presenter, and able to bring teams on a global infrastructure transformation journey
- Someone who never accepts the status-quo. Someone who challenges why things are done the way they are and willing to propose alternatives to yield better results – short and long term.
- Someone who is capable of ‘green-field’ and lateral thinking. Capable of imaging how the global platform could look, and capable of creating a strategy to get us there.
- Work well with others, in a collaborative environment
- Be a global leader, provide clear direction and mentor more junior staff.
- Comfortable working in a matrix management environment and balancing multiple senior managers and business stakeholder requirements.