Human Resources Specialist
NJ, Ridgefield Park
Business Professional - HR Specialist 3(Senior Specialist, Compensation & Performance Management Admin)
Ridgefield Park, NJ (Remote until offices re-open)
12 months contract (Possibility of extension)
The role will be responsible for supporting the execution of annual cycle (performance management and merit) and compensation (Bonus) related processes and projects. A primary contribution will be to support all aspects of our performance management programs including goal setting, end of year evaluation and rating process, quarterly check-ins, merit planning. In addition, the role will provide support for the quarterly and semi-annual bonus process (MBO), including but not limited to system preparation, file creation & interface, reporting, executive reporting and analysis. The position will also be responsible to manage compensation inquiries from our employees and HR Business Partners and may assist with the coordination of employee termination repayments. The qualified candidate must be technically savvy with HRIS tools (Workday preferred), Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and be able to analyze, innovate and multi-task, keeping several projects and processes moving forward while maintaining a high level of data integrity and focus on timelines. Candidate must be able to deal with change & ambiguity in a fast paced & innovative environment.
Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project plan details and support process and project management efforts such as performance management processes, bonus cycle reviews, annual cycle base salary increases, and other projects.
- Develop reports using data and information from a variety of sources to support Management.
- Assist where needed in Workday set up for compensation business processes, configuration, auditing, testing and reporting.
- Support the development of compensation and performance management training materials for managers and HR teams.
- Support quality assurance of compensation and performance management data in Workday and related systems and processes through development of audits and effective repeatable processes.
- Support the development and documentation of compensation and performance management policies and procedures.
- Support the development and reporting of budgets, which may include MBO and salary adjustments.
- Support the team with audits, research and analysis for various compensation or performance management-related issues.
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of related experience is required.
- Strong Project Management experience.
- Workday experience preferred
- Prior experience in Compensation, HRIS, and HR Analytics.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, and developing compensation related programs and recommendations.
- Works with HRIS team to coordinate and implement system changes.
- Experience with system implementations, UAT, Business Requirements preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills in partnering proactively with all levels of internal and external personnel including employees, fellow team members and vendor or agency personnel.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and intermediate Excel.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to HR areas, especially compensation and employment law preferred.
Top 3 must-have skills/requirements
- Bonus/Merit/Annual Cycle/Performance Evaluation
- Project Management
- Systems (Workday, Excel, PPT)
How many years of experience is required? 5-7 Years
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule
- May require periodic travel