IMS Mainframe DBA
The following are specifications for the Data Base Administrator(DBA) opportunity I’d like to fill within my Division. CABINET Division of Platform Services is seeking a DBA with a skillset centered around as IBM’s IMS database environment. The Division of Platform Services prefers a hybrid on-prem/remote work schedule. We are willing to entertain a fully remote position based on the candidate’s skillset and work ethic. Primary duties IMS for z/OS running on the IBM mainframe with z/OS version 2.3. This workload is hosted by our vendor Kyndryl (formerly IBM Global Services) and the successful candidate would be working regularly with CABINET. The preferred candidate should have senior level experience.
CABINET is currently running IMS V15. The scope of this work encompasses 9 IMS regions. Products/toolsets in use on our site for the administration of this workload include:
- A required skill for the successful candidate is the ability to reorg an IMS database partitioned with the BMC Partitioning Utility.
- This customer site has IMS databases with both IMS and CICS front-ends.
- The successful candidate should have some experience with CICS controlled applications running with IMS database back end.
- BMC MAXM Utilities
- BMC Partition Database Utility
- It is the customer site’s expectation that the successful candidate can work with IMS databases partitioned with this utility.
- It is the customer site’s expectation that the successful candidate possess the skills to work with full function IMS databases partitioned using the BMC utility.
- This is an essential tool used in the customer environment for IMS database back up.
- VSAM is the underlying container for the IMS databases in use at this customer site.
- CA-FILE-AID FOR IMS
- IBM IMS TOOLKIT
- IMS HSSR
- CA TOOLS PREVIOUSLY PLATINUM
- CA TELON
- The customer site uses TELON for COBOL code generation. Experience with this tool is added value, but not required