Information Security Consultant
I just came across your profile and I think you will be a great fit for this position.
Kindly let me know if you are interested.
Job Title: Information Security Consultant
Location: Stamford, CT
Duration: 6 months contract (potential to be extended)
- Work with the Information Security department, Legal department and the GDPR program team in the development of security and data privacy policies and practices.
- Partner with internal departments to implement privacy and security by design, including assisting in identifying and documenting gaps and risks associated with data compliance.
- Evaluate established data security controls for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide guidance and support for current security controls, working with key stakeholders in better defining and maturing programs in place.
- Provide guidance and support to the internal enterprise application, cyber and infrastructure teams to implement, maintain and mature security technologies.
- Identify and assess data compliance and data processing risks and opportunities, working collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Work with the designated Technical Writer in documenting current data security and privacy programs.
- Assist in the development and documentation of new global security policies.
- Four year degree in computer science or related combined work/education experience.
- Three to five years of experience in cyber security/information security.
- Experience in data compliance programs.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) a plus.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) a plus.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server file permissions and Active Directory Services (ADS).
- Knowledge in IT Infrastructure and Data Management Technologies.
- Knowledge in cloud security architectures as it relates to data protection.
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) strategies, policies and technologies.
- Experience working within a global, IT organization.
- Understanding of applications, databases and data flows, including knowledge of SDLC.
- Ability to analyze complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Practical experience in implementing security policies, procedures and technologies.
- Familiarity with European Data Privacy requirements (e.g. GDPR) a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, and able to manage time efficiently.
- Team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- High degree of initiative requiring little or no supervision, sound judgment, and the ability to prioritize assignments, solve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment.