Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Title: Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Type: Fulltime permanent opportunity
Location: Seacaucus, NJ
VMWare and Citrix, Windows, Microsoft office, LAN, WAN
SUMMARY: A highly motivated forward-thinking individual responsible for planning, implementing, supporting, and maintaining of the organization’s systems infrastructure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive a strong customer service approach and tone
• Ensures projects/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
• Implement and supervise hybrid cloud systems
• Enhance security and ensure that security processes and procedures are followed
• Assist with daily system administration and off hour maintenance/projects
• Supervise hybrid data center and lead, direct, and utilize knowledge on best practices in areas related to infrastructure.
• Assists in resource planning and availability including periodic testing of performance
• Assists in development of new applications and their impact on infrastructure
• Conduct research and recommend changes in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement
• Provide support for Levels 1 through 3
• Define and supervise IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for organization.
• Test and provide statistics for systems performance
• Improve, automate, and document IT processes
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university.
• Certificates, licenses, and registrations required: Microsoft Server, desktop and Azure training. Network troubleshooting. WiFi troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies including, Microsoft Azure Identity Management, IaaS, Intune, AAD, and M365
• ERP experience
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• A strong work ethic and customer service orientation.
• Ability to present technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form.
• Experience with on prem, hosted, managed and cloud solutions. Hybrid knowledge is a must
• Extensive knowledge M365
• Extensive knowledge of LAN, WAN and wireless networks
• Strong in VMWare and Citrix
• Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Azure Active Directory concepts such as permissions, groups, and policies
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
• Ability to work under and meet deadlines.
• Ability to extrapolate knowledge of one technology to troubleshoot a new technology.