iOS Tech Lead
NJ, Englewood Cliffs
Title: iOS Tech Lead
Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: englewood Cliffs, NJ
Must Have: Lead expereince leading a team of 4-6 developers and hands on with iOS development.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Digital Technology team is seeking a technology leader to develop and manage the companies flagship iOS app. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery. The tech lead will closely with apple on new product and feature launches.
Role and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the product, design, third-party providers, vendors and the services teams to convert ideas to reality while managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle
• Provide architectural guidance and direction to solve complex problems with simple solutions
• Provide operational oversight to the developers on the team
• Understand and share the big picture with the developers on the team
• Create technical documentation and keep it current
• BS degree or higher in computer science with 7+ years of broad engineering experience
• Extensive experience in developing, deploying and supporting complex iOS applications
• Expert knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
• Experience with code coverage and unit testing tools like Specta, Expecta, OCMock etc.
• Expert knowledge of XCode/AppCode IDE, build and distribution processes
• Expert knowledge of dependency managers such as Cocoapods
• Experience integrating with APNS
• Experience working with analytics tools like Omniture, Comscore, Parse.ly etc.
• Expert knowledge of Restful services
• Expert knowledge of building responsive user experiences across phones and tablets
• Expertise in performance, scalability, security, architecture, and engineering best practices
• Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends on mobile platforms
• Experience engineering video centric products with knowledge of multi-bitrate streaming and casting
• Experience integrating with third-party libraries such as video and display advertising
• Experience implementing in-app purchase would be nice to have
• Experience implementing personalization solutions would be nice to have
• Experience providing guidance and oversight to the developers on the team
• Must be able to work onsite at headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey (Jersey city and others).
Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.