As an IoT Technical Solution Architect, you will be expected to have hands-on technical skills of IoT products and technologies and experience of successfully implementing IoT solutions. This includes proficiency in the use of analytical solutions and cloud platforms as fundamental components of an IoT solution. In addition, you should possess a good comfort level to help internal companies understand how Internet of Things solutions may enable new business models, revenue streams and affect their competitive positioning.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Create, contribute and communicate internal Internet of Things (IoT) Strategy, Platform and Industry Point of View to other businesses internally
• Lead the design and development work of IoT solutions & Platform
• Along with architecture & design, hands-on development of Platform and solutions.
• Define technical requirements and specifications for IoT platforms (communication devices, embedded software, edge computing, cloud computing) and document.
• Works across the Business units and technology partners to design end to end IoT solution from the connected device to the cloud.
• Provide technical and project guidance to development team.
• Collaborate with peer architects, data scientists to design & develop strong IoT platform and solutions.
• Demonstrate technology & solution feasibility for high value business requirements.
• Establish best practices, document and communicate to company wide.
• Evaluate solution pricing, data management, applications, hardware, and infrastructure requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical & Electronics or equivalent experience.
• 12+ years of experience of Software design & development in a highly technical and analytical role.
• 8+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking.
• Proven track record of delivering strong IoT architecture and solutions.
• Proficient in either Java, C# and strong knowledge of Linux/Windows.
• Experience with REST, Message Queues , IOT gateways, IOT registry (Azure, AWS), Device Shadow, and IoT Rules Action
• Experience with embedded systems, RTOS and related programming environments (e.g. Raspberry Pi, GPIO, i2C, Contiki, Mantis, RIOT, etc.)
• Deep understanding and experience with Cloud platforms, embedded systems, device & communication protocols (Modbus, CANbus, Zigbee, BLE, LoRA etc).
• Working experience and good understanding of Application, network and device security
• Experience in a position where you were comfortable talking about technology with business partners and business with technical partners.
• Experience understanding the current state of infrastructure, automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, agile software development process, and cloud-based delivery models
• Working knowledge of Industrial IOT and IoT principles, principally in designing cloud-based, service-oriented solutions
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Strong team player with the ability to collaborate and communicate with complex matrixed teams across the globe
• Able to work independently and provide updates to management
• Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills, for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
• Ability to travel to company locations or customers when needed.
Additional Skills: (Nice to have)
• Experience with Azure IoT Edge and Azure IoT Hub highly desirable
• Experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Knowledge/Experience with Jira, Git. Bitbucket
• Experience with deployment/orchestration tools (i.e. Jenkins) and microservices
• Scripting in shell, perl or python
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes