IT Knowledge Management Analyst
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Looking for someone who enjoys coming up with creative solutions to complex/unique problems.
· Gain an advanced understanding of various KM systems and progress towards providing second level support for those systems.
· Monitor the usage of KM systems by running existing reporting queries and:
o Determine when information governance and data retention policies may apply;
o Train users who may not be using the full feature set of the DMS;
o Consolidate or remediate duplicative entries or bad data in KM and other systems; and
o Work with senior IT members to continually improve on the quality and scope of the reports.
· Provision sites on the Firm’s extranet when non-standard configurations are required.
· Assemble summary reports and share them with appropriate parties on a scheduled basis.
· Regularly engage matter teams to:
o Offer general assistance, such as creating or deleting Workspaces, and moving or refiling document sets;
o Address data management concerns as they arise;
o Manage the security control lists of documents and Workspaces;
o Share information regarding any unique circumstances; and
o Determine when the status of a matter changes so that relevant systems can be updated accordingly.
· Develop and document repeatable processes for how certain issues and scenarios should be handled.
· Open support tickets with third-party support teams for issues that cannot be resolved in-house.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies through experience or education.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent documentation skills.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Experience communicating technical information to non-technical people.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work with employees at all levels.
· Ability to work independently and determine priorities.
· Strong understanding of Windows and MS Office applications.
· Strong customer service focus and experience.
· Experience with any of the following systems and technologies: iManage, Prosperoware Milan, HighQ Collaborate, Decisiv Search, SQL, VBA or PowerShell.
· Experience with a reporting and analytics platform such as SSRS, Power BI or Tableau considered a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Degree in Computer Science or Information Services or business related field a plus.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the area of document management, knowledge management or information technology required.
· Data analysis experience a plus.
· Law firm experience preferred.