IT Procurement + Licensing Administrator
The IT Procurement and Licensing Administrator is responsible for fulfilling purchase requests and provide administration and comprehensive inventory tracking for this client's Information Technology software assets. Oversees purchase requests from quotation to fulfillment; ensuring the order arrives undamaged and on time and handles related inquiries. The IT Procurement and Licensing Administrator will interact with both internal and external customers along with collaborating with numerous business units and teams within IT to ensure accuracy of data, provide cost and spend analysis and operational fluidity for all applicable licensed products. This individual will report to the Director, Desktop Operations and IT Purchasing and have an integral foundation of record keeping. This role requires excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, prioritization, and communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and manage requests for proposals.
- Review and edit contract documents in conjunction with Procurement, Legal and Finance.
- Contract management: storage, routing for approvals, etc.
- Effectively provide annual cost saving and spend analysis for IT operational expenses.
- Handle purchase requests.
- Obtain quotations, compare pricing for purchases and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Ensure proper authorization has been obtained prior to placing orders.
- Track purchases ensuring order arrives undamaged and on-time.
- Respond to customer and vendor inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Takes phone calls and answers any questions from departments or vendors regarding invoice payments.
- Verify billed amount with goods received, calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to accounts payable for payment, along with proper PO and / or detailed information of department, items purchased, and for what purpose.
- Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries and inventories.
- Facilitate hardware RMA process with vendors, as applicable.
- Work collaboratively with other Team members, partners, and vendors.
- Liaison between planning and purchasing teams to help form a cohesive workflow for software tracking and deployment.
- Understand the development and lifecycle of software and applications, ensure software has the proper upgrades and ensure licensing requirements are considered during migration to new versions of the software when necessary.
- Utilize company inventory database system to ensure product licensing is accurately inputted and tracked.
- Track software assets by employee and location (plant); assess license needs for new plant stand-ups, shutdowns, etc.
- Understand, follow and assist with procurement of large-scale enterprise license agreements (i.e. Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, etc.).
- Work with ServiceNow manager to create software asset catalog and workflows for license request, assignment and auditing.
- Assist with the strategy for managing cloud-based licensing of resources in Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Positive license tracking for, but not limited to:
- All seat, server, and platform-based licenses
- Server virtualization software: hypervisors and support software (i.e. ESXi, vCenter, vRealize); analysis of socket/core and license optimization approaches
- Desktop virtualization software: VMware Fusion / Workstation
- Microsoft workstation, server, and productivity software: Office365, Windows Server, Exchange, Skype, Project, Visio, etc.; understanding and the ability to analyze Microsoft licensing bundles (i.e. Microsoft365 E3, E5)
- Adobe productivity software including cloud licensing of Creative Suite
- RedHat Enterprise Linux licensing using RedHat Satellite
- Oracle database software
- IBM AS/400 platform and database software
- Complete other tasks as required.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Associate degree from a two-year college or business school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ IT asset management and discovery tools experience, along with interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Excellent organization and analytical skills as well as an ability to communicate effectively with staff.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity and stamina to work at a computer or other standard office equipment safely and for long periods of time.
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results.
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- Travel when required.