IT Purchasing Clerk
The IT Purchasing Clerk is responsible for acquiring documents and hardware to fulfill requests for purchases. This is to include preparing purchase orders quotations and handling related inquiries. Follows through with purchase from quotation to fulfillment ensuring order arrives undamaged and on time. The IT purchasing clerk will interact with both internal and external customers and report to the Director of IT purchasing. With an integral foundation of record keeping, this role requires excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, prioritization, and communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and manage requests for proposals
- Review and edit contract documents in conjunction with Procurement, Legal and Finance.
- Contract management (storage, routing for approvals, etc.)
- Handle purchase requests.
- Obtain quotations and compare pricing for purchases.
- Compare prices and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Ensure proper authorization has been obtained prior to placing orders.
- Track purchases ensuring on-time arrival.
- Respond to customer and vendor inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Takes phone calls and answers any questions from departments or vendors in regards to invoice payments.
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to accounts payable for payment, along with proper PO and / or detailed information of department, items purchased, and for what purpose.
- Verification of order delivery and accuracy of delivered items.
- Verify billed amount with goods received.
- Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Facilitate hardware RMA process with vendors as applicable.
- Work collaboratively with other Team members, partners, and vendors.
- Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or business school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a full-time FlightSafety International employee, preferred
- Excellent organization and analytical skills as well as an ability to communicate effectively with staff.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and stamina to work at a computer or other standard office equipment safely and for long periods of time.
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional image and grooming
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies