IT Support Engineer - NYC
NY, New York
We are seeking an IT Support Engineer to provide help desk and deskside support to our client in NYC. This is a contract to hire position. The right candidate will have 3-5 years of IT Helpdesk/Deskside support experience in a corporate environment. Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
The IT Support Engineer plays a critical role by directly supporting all team members, providing timely and quality desktop hardware, software and mobile device troubleshooting, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and responsiveness. The position requires a phenomenal team player attitude, the ability to work rotating shifts and tenacity to occasionally contribute to urgent issues outside normal work hours.
General responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor Helpdesk system for inbound issues
- Handle immediate need activities such as video conferencing setups, new employees joining and office reconfigurations
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented in the Helpdesk system
- Quickly and professionally assess issues, and take steps to resolve
- When resolution is complete, document cause and resolution then close Helpdesk incident
- Escalate and refer unresolved issues to other team members or Level 2 when appropriate
- Deal with various vendors (mobile, telecommunications, data etc.) and escalate issues to them directly
- Deal with remote problems.
Additional responsibilities and duties when necessary:
- Administer Windows user accounts in Active Directory
- Setup and support mobile devices
- Setup and support desktop telecommunications terminals (phones, voicemail services and inbound routing)
- Perform basic server administration (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues)
- Mange the network connectivity (patch cables, switch and router infrastructure)
- Ensure a high degree of information security through password controls, prompt termination and activation of users etc.
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 productivity software
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server and Windows Server
- Mobile phone devices (BlackBerry, iOS, Android)
- Windows VPN, Mac VPN Configuration and Administration
- Mac OSX installation and configuration as well as Office for Mac
- Various Printers, scanners, some fax services
- Polycom Video Conferencing Administration
- University degree or equivalent.
- Three to five years in a front-line IT support role, preferably in a professional services or entertainment organization
- Highly motivated and energetic with excellent communication skills and who can integrate well at all levels.
- A strong ability to remain focused with a hard working, professional and flexible attitude while multi-tasking at an extremely fast pace.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times. All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, and any breach of this agreement will result in immediate disciplinary procedures.
- Excellent written skills, ability to effectively and efficiently document user questions, issues, and requests
- Experience to recognize and recommend changes to support procedures and user guidance as part of an ongoing improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent people and oral communication skills.
- To be considered, you must have the ability to lift 60 lbs. and work a flexible work schedule with occasional late nights and weekends.