IT Technical support specialist
As a Technical Support Specialist, a typical day might include the following
- Primary contact for the Digital Signage software internally at a client’s location.
- Own issues through resolution and communicate status to clients.
- Handling incoming telephone calls and electronically reported issues from customers.
- Accurately describing and maintaining status of each issue entered in a call tracking database.
- Analyzing, testing and resolving digital signage & IPTV software defects, administration issues and end user training issues, working directly with customers. Engage digital signage & IPTV Services and Development staff as appropriate to bring issues to resolution.
- Comfortable with remote access technologies such as TeamViewer, VNC, Bomgar, Putty.
- Knowledge of Scala, TriplePlay, Tightrope or other digital signage a plus.
- Assisting in rolling out system updates, with participation in the change control process.
- Developing knowledge of digital signage & IPTV software products and new system updates, as they become available.
- Tracking customer assets, and updates, in call tracking database.
- After hours coverage for critical software issues as needed and participation in 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Properly manage customer expectations and customer relationships within the boundaries dictated by policy and process.
- Help maintain the FAQ database, and independently contribute to the knowledge base.
- Assist with testing newly released software packages and updates.
- All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Previous experience supplying customer support for an organization that delivered web-based enterprise applications, digital signage applications or content management systems.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and assign or inherit tasks as they are reported to the help desk.
- Experience using a call tracking system.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Documentation skills including MS Office experience (Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Other).
- Show a willingness to learn and adapt while presenting ideas or solutions.
- Maintain positive attitude
- Maintain professionalism
- Organizational, logistical and analytical skills
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
To qualify for this position, you will need to have the following
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend
- Availability for on call duty for support purposes, includes nights and weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two-year technical degree in computer/network administration or relevant work experience.