What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain new and existing applications in preparation for a large-scale architectural migration within an Agile function
- Align with the Investment Tech Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Design, build and support data formats, conversion, validation, XML, Json
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
- Mentor junior engineers on various projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills You Will Need:
- 3+ years of experience in building out front office financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- Substantial knowledge in building out applications within bi-weekly Agile sprint regiment.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, with a strong preference for Hadoop.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.