On behalf of our esteemed Client from the investment management sector, we are looking for Java/Python Developer.
The company's technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a strong software engineer to align with our development team in migrating applications from our legacy platform to our evolving architectural environment. Our ideal candidate will have a proven background in building complex front office systems in Java and Python. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then this opportunity could be a perfect fit for you.
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain new and existing applications in preparation for a large-scale architectural migration within an Agile function.
- Align with the Investment Tech Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Design, build and support data formats, conversion, validation, XML, Json
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
- Mentor junior engineers on various projects.
Skills You Will Need:
- Must Have: Core Java and/or Python, Cloud technologies like Scala
- 4+ years of experience in building out core financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- 1-2 years of Cloud experience (Spark/Scala/EC2/Snowflake).
- Substantial knowledge in building out applications within bi-weekly Agile sprint regiment.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, with a strong preference for Hadoop.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.