Java/python developer with cloud
Type: full time perm
Location: New Jersey
Must Have: java/python, clouds (AWS)
US citizens and Green card holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Java/python developer with clouds
We are looking for a strong software engineer to align with our development team in migrating applications from our legacy platform to our evolving architectural environment. Our ideal candidate will have a proven background in building complex front office systems in Java or Python.
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain new and existing applications in preparation for a large-scale architectural migration within an Agile function.
- Align with the Investment Tech Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Design, build and support data formats, conversion, validation, XML, Json
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
- Mentor junior engineers on various projects.
Skills You Will Need:
- 4+ years of experience in building out core financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- 1-2 years of Cloud experience (Spark/Scala/EC2/Snowflake).
- Substantial knowledge in building out applications within bi-weekly Agile sprint regiment.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, with a strong preference for Hadoop.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.