Java Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled Java Software Engineer for a permanent position with our client in Yonkers, NY. The position will be part of the Data Engineering team that designs, develops, deploys, and maintains complex data management applications, data pipelines and data visualizations.
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design, develop, and deploy various data management applications.
- Design, develop, and deploy REST Data APIs to be used by digital products.
- Design, develop, and deploy data pipelines, and ETLs that ingest, map, aggregate, and broadcast data feeds to internal and external groups at CR.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems.
- Help streamline software development by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or similar technical discipline is required.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with object-oriented Programming languages and frameworks - Java/JEE, Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in developing Web Services (REST APIs)
- Working knowledge of RBDMS/ No Sql Databases - Oracle, MongoDB
- Experience developing Data management Applications (functionally performing CRUD operations)
- Working knowledge of unix shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization tools - Tableau
- Experience working in cloud environment - AWS
- Exposure to adhoc data analysis is a plus - Python
- Experience working with modern tools in the Agile software development life cycle - Version Control Systems (Ex. git, github, Stash/BitBucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack)1