JDE Business Analyst
NY, Long Island City
We are looking for a JDE Business Analyst for a full-time permanent position with our client in Long Island City, NY. The right candidate will have senior level experience in a manufacturing/distribution experience and with experience in AP/AR/GL/FA modules. This role will be an 80/20 split focusing on Manufacturing. This individual will develop and implement business application plans, provide analysis for integration of various applications, troubleshoot software support issues and implement appropriate functional/technical solutions.
This role will be the SME in the functional area of manufacturing with some knowledge of finance. Daily support activities for the Shop Floor, MRP, Planning, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Accounting and Inventory within JDE Enterprise One 9.1. Experience with other modules such as: Sales, Procurement, Quality, Advanced Warehousing or transportation is a plus. This individual will coordinate all aspects of the relationship between Information Technology and various departments within the organization. This highly visible individual will be expected to gather business requirements for new functionality, write functional specs, test plans, system configuration, execution and completion of initiatives, while maintaining high levels of service.
The Senior Business Analyst will be expected to lead small cross functional teams, provide resolution and problem solving on an enterprise level, and communicate across the organization. The Senior Business Analyst will be a project manager for simple projects and will need the ability to work independently on work assignments from initiation to project close out. He/she should be familiar with all phases of the system life cycle.
Key Result Areas
- Cultivate a partnership between IT, Business Owners and all stakeholders.
- Produce comprehensive documents outlining user specifications, business processes, functional specifications, test cases and system recommendations.
- Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts.
- Lead functional ERP design sessions in support of new business requirements or initiatives.
- Lead testing; Identify, track, report and resolve issues in timely manner.
- Manage time; utilize system tools and resources effectively; provide timely status reports to management.
- Ensure best practice within the Enterprise Software system.
- Execute Tactical Planning techniques that are in alignment with strategic business direction.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of tables, data and data relationships and other areas of the system.
- Participate in evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate high-level information into details.
- Understand interfaces, reports, set ups, versions, and modifications.
- Review upcoming ERP releases/enhancements and determine benefits to Company.
- Keep current on new software utilizing www.oracle.com
- Independently take ownership of a project or group of tasks on a project.
- Communicate back to stakeholders the status, issues, risks, etc.
- Provide on-going training and documentation.
- Provide initial training and documentation to key users as new functionality is rolled out.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent experience.
- APICS certified or equivalent experience
- PMI certified or equivalent experience
- JD Edwards Certified or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical skills are required
- Experience in any manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience in multiple implementations for 9.0 or greater.
- Excellent communications and presentation (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No 3rd party candidates.