Claim Specialist Supervisor
Claim Specialist Supervisor
6 months(+ extension every 6 mons)
- First line of contact for the resolution of logistics claims and complaint; answer questions for customers, carriers, and brokers regarding claims issues
- Collect information on all incidents including damage to trucks/trailers, cargo damage and property damage
- Manage and handle the claim process for logistics related complaints, and process damage claims
- Analyze data to determine claim’s validity; evaluate independent reports, including video, written incident reports, valuation estimated, etc.
- Use data, statistical and trend analysis, and observation analysis to identify root cause of freight damage exceptions and recommend counter measures to address or mitigate damage occurrence and liability exposure
- Work within company guidelines to analyze contractual agreements of the customer, shipper, consignee or carrier and then assess the physical damage reports and the cargo claims findings
- Communicate results to the customer or carriers within the opening 72 hours. Discuss, provide, and recommend an action plan to the management team
- Notify involved parties of claim filings and/or rejected claims and work with the claimant to understand the value of damaged products and how the product should be handled
- Enter and track claims in TMS and WMS system
- Determine next steps and order inspections in order to support the claim with the customer or carrier in an effort for resolution
- Email updates on progress or conflicts regarding the accident to all internal parties involved
- Escalate and coordinate with External Claims Adjusters (e.g., insurance carriers) as needed
- Negotiate and determine timely settlements and claim resolutions, process payment requests and final case paperwork following discussion of valid claims with customers, carriers, and appropriate personnel
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for logistics processes and claims
- Monitor controls of paperwork and processes that impact claims such as timely communications of any exceptions and proper handling of PODs
- Other clerical and/or administrative work
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 9 years of freight claims processing experience that includes minimum 1 year experience as a Manager, supervisor, or a trainer
- Prefer some experience or education in Contract Law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; people skills; ability to communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; balancing accountabilities; flexibility to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Proficient with in Microsoft Office products including Excel, and with web-based applications, claims database software and the ability to produce reports to support findings
- Great attention to detail, organization, cross-group collaboration, and project management skills
- The position requires the ability to talk and hear while performing the duties of this job.
- The position requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position requires dexterity to write and use computer keyboard and mouse.
- The position requires multitasking and solving complex issues, occasionally in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products, materials and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Customer Support / Client Care
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
TX, Plano 75023