Director - DevOps
Click here to expand the job description.
Title: Director - DevOps
Type: Full time Permanent opportunity
Location: Newark, NJ
Must Have: Hands on DevOps experience with docker containers, code checking tools, Jenkins, cloud, test driven development, CI/CD and leadership skills of vision and execution of DevOps across cross org.
US citizens and Green
Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We
are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. In the rapidly evolving DevOps space, we are looking for a forward-thinking individual to advance our software life cycle automation and build system infrastructure. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then this could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Build high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation through engineering mindset
- Optimize current on premise infrastructure for cost, performance and availability
- Perform daily hands-on engineering tasks as well as provide performance, people and project management.
- Implementing security best practices that aligns with our ability to deliver products and services to our customer.
- Understand enterprise monitoring and logging tools to provide earlier warning and provide insights for our infrastructure limiting downtime and improving transparency
- Key Collaborator with executive leadership, software engineering and product management teams to ensure engineering execution meets business needs and is delivered in consistent and predictable manner.
- Develop monitoring and design metrics-based processes
- Champion all non-functional requirements of technical components like high availability, scalability and fault tolerance etc.
- Own the manage the stability and technology roadmap for the systems and responsible for delivering successful projects for these systems. Ensure successful execution of product roadmap that aligns with our platforms.
- Interface with technology operations, technology business management, information security, and architecture to ensure solutions are prioritized and structured to meet design and operational objectives.
- Partner with internal development teams and user plus external enterprise teams
What you will need:
- 7+ years engineering, architecting and delivering infrastructure technology solutions leading teams focused on platform and application engineering and operations
- Experience implementing DevOps or CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Bitbucket/GIT, Confluence, Gradle)
- Strong understanding of server configuration (Ansible) and open-source (Xray) management.
- Experience building highly-available services at scale and creating, and evolving platform libraries/services used by other engineers.
- Experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems.
- Detailed knowledge of enterprise security tools (SSH, SFTP, Active Directory, Vintella, TLS, Cyberfusion/MFT-IS, WebSeal).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with customers and partners at the engineering leadership/executive level.
- Ability to present and communicate own ideas, multi-task and to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to build application monitoring and analytics platforms (Splunk, Dynatrace, Galileo)
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and SOAP/RESTful APIs between internal and external service layers using industry standards.
- Knowledge of Unit & Integration Testing practices.
- Functional understanding of data storage and processing technologies: SAP ASE, SQL Server, Hadoop, Pentaho, Spark.
What we would love to see:
- Experience with messaging tools (Kafka, JMS, AMQP)
- Familiarity with open source software licensing, best practice, and sustainability