Director of Enterprise Architecture
Click here to expand the job description.
Director, Enterprise Architecture
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position leads the global Enterprise Architecture (EA) function. The mission is to set, communicate and ensure compliance of global architecture standards and deliver enterprise architecture strategies, processes, and artifacts aligned to strategic needs and priorities.
Job responsibilities and Deliverables
• Manage design and delivery of enterprise architecture strategy, standards, processes, and artifacts globally
• Provide architecture guidance in the evaluation and selection of enterprise technology solutions that reflect business capabilities and strategies
Develop and enable single holistic business enterprise architecture model for the whole of the global organization; lead the Strategic Architecture Board; provide approval of applications to be added to architecture landscape
• Build and implement long-term coordinated architecture road map in partnership with functions, regions and the solution architect community
• Consult in analysis of business requirements and design of related IT solutions
• Maintain modern architecture principles and standardize BSI's architecture landscape globally
• Information security & risk management: ensure technology systems and architecture landscape align with security policies and best practices
• Digital solutions & analytics data and process architecture: align on needs of digital solutions and data/analytics initiatives and requirements for enablement
• In close partnership and collaboration with operational, functional, and regional IT, identify and enable application and other architecture needs
• In partnership with business end-users including sales, marketing, finance, supply chain and HR, align on business needs and requirements for enablement
Drive improvement in solution delivery speed from architecture standardization and reduction in complexity of BSI's architecture landscape
• Drive lowest total cost of ownership of application landscape while meeting global needs
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 10 years of experience in the EA function with at least three of those years reporting to the CIO leading the EA function. Consulting experience a plus.
• Experience leading global enterprise architecture teams in multiple countries and time zones
• Experience working with a broad scope of technology vendors including in a managed services environment.
• Knowledge of business, operating, and financial models and business ecosystems such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, and predictive analytics
• Experienced with global enterprise applications and data platforms including digital, eCommerce, sales, marketing, analytics and back-office technology solutions
• Conversant with modern architecture principles & frameworks
• Organization-wide, promote the Enterprise Architecture function and processes in alignment with delivering business value, outcomes, and results
• Influence other leaders to enroll them in the benefits of architectural simplification
• Ability to work with and manage internal cross functional teams to deliver technology solutions
• Communicate effectively, and with a sense of urgency, to senior leaders, within and outside of IT across the global organization