Full Stack Engineer
NJ, New Jersey
Click here to expand the job description.
Title: Full Stack Engineer
Type: Perm, full time
Location: New Jersey, 07012
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain new and existing applications in preparation for a large-scale architectural migration within an Agile function.
- Align with the Investment Tech Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Work with industry wide caching frameworks (HazelCast, MemSQL, MemCach) to leverage distributed caching methodology and optimize application performances
- Design and implement event base services leveraging messaging frameworks such as Kafka, Zero-MQ, Rabbit-MQ … in order to build close to real-time streaming framework.
- Help build powerful UI leveraging common JS frameworks (Angular, React…) leveraging our internal Application Development Framework.
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set and be forward think about the convergence strategy with our AWS cloud migration
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
Skills You Will Need:
- 10+ years of experience in building out core financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- In depth knowledge of OOJS and Vanilla concepts.
- Cloud experience (Spark/Scala/EC2/RedShift).
- Direct experience supporting front office end-users (PM, Quant, Risk), with sound understanding of capital markets within Fixed Income.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps.
- Experience with building microservices using Spring boot framework.
- Experience with one of the messaging frameworks like Kafka, Rabbit-MQ or IBM MQ.
- Experience with one of the caching technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Financial background, pref in hedge funds or banking
What we offer:
- bonus that is released by performance rating
- See benefits overview attached to PGIM folder
- 401K matches up to 4% up to 100%, 3 year vesting period
- Pension plan – Algorithm based on age when you start, 3 year vesting period
- Employees can put up to 10% of their salary into ETRADE system
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Gym ($12/month)
- Health office onsite
- Cafeteria – 5th Floor
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Identity Theft Insurance
- Specialized partners to NY Presbyterian
- Dependent care for elderly and kids
- Flexible savings – health reimbursement