IT Field Support (NJ/NY)
NY, New Jersey
Click here to expand the job description.
Title: IT Field Support
Type: Full Time, Perm
Location: New Jersey or New York area(100% field based role)
Must Have: basic IT knowledge and experience as an IT field support (the best would be Supermarket, Retail or POS experience), own car & Valid US driver's license from NJ or NY state, good Spanish, willingness to travel extensively
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time
- Provide first point of contact for support issues
- Answer a high volume of phone calls, collaborating with customers to resolve client’s applications, wireless devices, printer, or computer problems in real time
- Process service tickets/work logs related to client’s related problems, train customers client’s applications and various wireless peripherals
- Elevate complex issues/problems to appropriate team members
- Troubleshoot and correct problems on site
- Perform scheduled hardware and/or software installations.
- Carry, configure, install, and more importantly maintain new or used peripherals, network printers, and POS equipment.
- Assist customers with desktop applications, maintenance and troubleshooting Network Equipment company’s Software related, remotely using TeamViewer, MS Office, ADC, Windows etc.
- Install, train and deploy new client’s applications, ADC application, Scales configuration, and Wireless peripherals. (Data collection, Network Validation, and Training/Network Standardization)
- Work to gather information, or resolve issue independently or collaboratively
- Quickly learn and retain relevant system knowledge
- Telecommunications line installer and repairer, basic data communications troubleshoot, terminate data cable, know how to run data cable if needed (short runs only) and trace a cable to determine if it’s good or not.
- Support stores for grand opening
- Respond to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective manner
- Provide feedback to manager regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Maintain in depth working knowledge of client retail systems and processes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience or education in the IT field preferred, associates degree required
- At least good Spanish
- Own car and valid US driver's license from NJ or NY state, clean driving record
- Willing to travel extensively (depending on the location within NJ & NY area, sometimes also Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Boston Massachusetts); work nights or days only if needed; flexible with work assignments
- Computer literate, with a desire to learn telecommunications and cellular technology
- Supermarket, Retail or POS experience is a plus