Senior Java Developer/Lead
Click here to expand the job description.
The Real-time Payments system (RTP) allows customers of participating Banks and Credit Unions to send instant payments to any other person or business whose bank participates. The goal of the system is to ultimately provide access to instant payments to every financial institution and account holder in the US. To achieve this goal, significant enhancements and expansion of the system will occur over the next 3-5 years in order to support over 10,000 financial institutions.
This position is for a senior Java/Unix developer. The RTP Developers work closely with the Product Management, Operations and Technology Infrastructure departments as well as external clients and vendors to define and implement new features and capabilities.
- Strong Java and Web development experience in a UNIX environment (preferably RHEL) using WebSphere and IBM MQ
- UNIX Shell scripting
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2, Oracle Sybase
- Ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally
- Attention to detail and ability to drive tasks to completion
- 4+ years’ experience as a developer with experience on complex, mission-critical transaction processing applications
- Strong knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile SDLCs and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Money transfer experience, especially knowledge of SWIFT, FED or CHIPS payment processing and settlement
- Experience with ISO 20022 payment formats
- Experience developing and supporting large, mission-critical applications and transaction processing applications
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Erlang, Scala, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Technology and Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications
- Develop new functionality and perform defect fixes
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system
- Participate in Technology strategy and planning initiatives
- Adhere to and enforce all TCH Development, Risk, IS and Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum
- Demonstrate effective team work
- Adhere to and support all Tech & Ops and TCH strategic goals
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer
- Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices