Senior .NET Developer
Job Title: Senior .NET Developer
Duration: 6-12 Months contract
- At least 7 years of experience in Guidewire BillingCenter configuration and implementation.
- Experience in BillingCenter integration including GX Model, web services, REST API and messaging.
- Strong understanding of BillingCenter 10 functionality such as payments, disbursements, billing plans, invoicing, delinquency and commissions.
- Ability to design and execute implementation of accelerators/solutions in BC.
- Expert in Gosu, Java, REST API and SOAP web services.
OBJECTIVE & DELIVERABLES
State Fund IT software development and engineering program is building applications and developing discrete functions of our Policy systems such as Quote Management System (QMS), Policy Operations Portal (POP), Premium and Payroll systems (PNP) and Billing Center. This project is a multi-phased implementation made up of the following modules: quoting, binding, renewals, pricing, rating, policy audit, policy administration, policy payroll and reporting and all aspects of billing, portals, and safety and health applications, as well as converting our legacy data to our new systems
A. THE DELIVERABLES SUPPLIER SHALL PROVIDE STATE FUND ARE:
DELIVERABLE OR TASKS
- Provide Development support for back office Projects
- Lead other software engineers to design and implement well-integrated products
- Define and evolve the architecture for the system.
- Expert in all technical aspects of the product
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies based on product needs and industry trends
- Develop creative solutions and write technical design & architecture documents
- Provide work estimates for proposed projects
- Cross-train developers on product features that are implemented
- Constantly look for better processes for projecting and improving project profitability
- Perform hands-on software design and development in .NET
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Establish architectural standards and best practices
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Work closely with management to determine feasibility of product features
- Establish standards and Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects
C. RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Supplier shall ensure that all resources assigned to the project have the minimum skills requirement to render the services in a competent and efficient manner.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS OR MS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR EQUIVALENT DEGREE
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of proven technical lead and architect experience
- proficiency in Entity Framework and Code First Design.
- proficient in Asp.Net as well as ASP.NET MVC web frameworks
- development experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- must have .net web application architecture, design, & development experience
- broad experience with .net framework 3.5 or above including WPF, WCF, & WF
- expert in Asp.Net MVC, Web Forms, & Entity Framework
- expert in Ado.Net / WFC Data Services and familiar with LINQ
- expert with design patterns, Soa Design & Web Service Development
- strong experience in developing for high-availability clustered environments
- at least 7 years of experience in guidewire Billingcenter configuration and implementation.
- experience in Billingcenter integration including gx model, web services, rest api and messaging.
- strong understanding of Billingcenter 10 functionality such as payments, disbursements, billing plans, invoicing, delinquency and commissions.
- ability to design and execute implementation of accelerators/solutions in bc.
- expert in Gosu, Java, Rest Api and Soap Web Services
- working knowledge of windows
- strong communication and writing skills
- comfortable working in a flexible agile development environment
- should be able to write reports using various reports generation tools and languages
- expert knowledge of sql statements
- prior experience in the insurance industry is a plus Microsoft certifications desirable
- solid understanding of data warehouse concepts, data-marts & mdm.
- custom development utilizing Microsoft Sharepoint, Biztalk, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MDM, and DQS will be a plus
- familiarity with guidewire billing system 8.0 is a huge plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information and identify and formulate solutions to problems.
- Provide more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
- Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
- Plan and manage all aspects of the support function.
- Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
- Strong knowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
- Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
- Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
- Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
- Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
- Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
- Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
- Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
- Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
- Act with integrity
- Use sound judgement
- Commitment to quality
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Think strategically
- Communicate effectively and influence others
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
IT / Software Development
- Remote US,