Senior Software Developer
Click here to expand the job description.
Our client is a video capture, search, and sharing platform that gives users a powerful way to broadcast, record, and discover expert knowledge. They are transforming how people find and manage multimedia information -- from capturing the collected output of the world’s top universities, to giving corporations a way to share their employees’ best ideas, to letting individual experts reach worldwide audiences. Video search is exploding and our client has already been recognized as a thought leader in this space. With their one-of-a-kind platform, they're turning video into a preferred medium for information delivery.
Great place to work -- Seattle Business and Fortune Magazine’s ranked our client in the top 10 best places to work.
They are quickly growing -- Two years running they have been included among Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a prestigious ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
Amazing teams -- Their development team is a small and agile group of talented, fast moving, and engaging employees who are motivated not just by their own success but by the success of the company as a whole. Our team members help each other approach and tackle large challenges in successful and collaborative ways!
They are located in Smith Tower in the heart of the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. There are no relocation or remote work options for this role.
More about you
Candidates for full-time engineering positions should have the following attributes:
- 5+ years professional coding experience, preferably with a focus on server/service side java or c# development
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to take on, drive, own and maintain a variety of large and small projects
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience developing and managing hosted services
- History with and passion for building production-grade dynamically scalable services which can operate under massive sudden loads
- Strong knowledge of system software architecture of large distributed systems
- A solid footing in computer science, including thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented software design and service based architecture
- Experience with AWS
- SQL Expertise -- both writing ad-hocs queries and developing in the data layer
- Direct knowledge on deployment automation frameworks (such as chef)
- Experience running both Windows and Linux systems in production
- Fully employer paid medical, dental, vision
- 401K with employer match
- Commuter spending accounts
- Personal use of their platform
- Dogs are welcome in office
- Casual dress code