Software Engineer - Backend/scalable services
Click here to expand the job description.
We’re looking for an experienced backend developer to join our scalable services and dev-ops team. We want someone that thinks in terms of high-scale computing patterns, builds new web services in C# or Java faster than other developers believe is possible, naturally automates mundane tasks with Python, and loves the challenge of identifying and fixing performance and scalability problems. To be successful you need to have a true passion for shipping new software rapidly and delivering uptime. Ideal candidates will have some experience across the full stack, and can easily articulate how low level systems facilitate end-user experience.
Panopto is looking for the best of the best to join our world class engineering team. If you’re interested in working on a rapidly evolving system loaded with interesting challenges and hard problems, we want to talk to you.
Panopto is a video capture, search, and sharing platform that gives users a powerful way to broadcast, record, and discover expert knowledge. We are transforming how people find and manage multimedia information -- from capturing the collected output of the world’s top universities, to giving corporations a way to share their employees’ best ideas, to letting individual experts reach worldwide audiences. Video search is exploding and Panopto has already been recognized as a thought leader this space. With our one-of-a-kind platform, we’re turning video into a preferred medium for information delivery.
Panopto is a great place to work -- Seattle Business and Fortune Magazine’s ranked Panopto in the top 10 best places to work.
Panopto is quickly growing -- Two years running Panopto has been included among Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a prestigious ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
Panopto has an amazing team -- The development team at Panopto a small and agile group of talented, fast moving, and engaging employees who are motivated not just by their own success but by the success of the company as a whole. Our team members help each other approach and tackle large challenges in successful and collaborative ways!
Panopto is located in Smith Tower in the heart of the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. There are no relocation or remote work options for this role.
More about you
Candidates for full-time engineering positions should have the following attributes
- 5+ years professional coding experience, preferably with a focus on server/service side java or c# development
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to take on, drive, own and maintain a variety of large and small projects
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience developing and managing hosted services
- History with and passion for building production-grade dynamically scalable services which can operate under massive sudden loads
- Strong knowledge of system software architecture of large distributed systems
- A solid footing in computer science, including thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented software design and service based architecture
- Experience with AWS
- SQL Expertise -- both writing ad-hocs queries and developing in the data layer
- Direct knowledge on deployment automation frameworks (such as chef)
- Experience running both Windows and Linux systems in production
Panopto is an equal opportunity employer. Proudly recognized as a great place to work by Fortune, Seattle Business, Pittsburgh Business Times and Great Place to Work Institute. Learn more about us at panopto.com/careers.