Technical Project Manager
Click here to expand the job description.
Our client is the industry-leader in broadband video management and publishing solutions. They are looking for a Technical Program Manager to own core products around data ingestion, publishing, workflow, and video management. The successful candidates will have a strong background in technical program management as well as several years of software development experience. We are looking for candidates that have a proven ability to design solutions based on a services-oriented architecture, can drive design across multiple teams, and thrive in a strong, collaborative relationship between program managers, developers, and QA engineers as partners in the delivery of quality services.
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- This is a management role with human resource management responsibilities (e.g., hiring, performance management).
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Typically has at least 6-8 years of IT work experience, including 6+ or more years managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
•As a technical product owner, work with development and operations teams to establish overall product vision, create user stories, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in daily scrums and meta-scrums, and validate delivered software designs.
•Gather product requirements from customers and other stakeholders. Write specifications for software.
•Work with project manager and development team to create and maintain product roadmap, track schedule against the roadmap, and escalate risks and issues.
•Maintain communication with stakeholders, including professional services, development teams, marketing, upper management, and external customers.
•Help create and review technical documentation and transition finished projects to the support and deployment teams.
•Assist sales and marketing to ensure successful customer adoption
•At last 2 years technical program management experience in a software product development environment.
•Proven design experience with SOA, design patterns and web services technologies.
•Proven experience as a technical leader. Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications.
•Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of projects from inception to rollout and maintenance.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Ability and confidence to work closely with select customers in pre-sales and collaborative scenarios.
•A Bachelor Degree in computer science or a related field is required.
•Prior experience in a consulting role is a plus.