Jr. Procurement Specialist - Recent College Grad
NY, New York
We are looking for a Jr Level Procurement Specialist for a permanent position with our client in NYC. We will consider a recent college graduate with some exposure to supply chain or procurement.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashsua.com.
Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join its US Headquarters based in New York. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole North American region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Holding Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic