Job Title: Lead Backend Developer
Location: New York, NY
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis and/or architect back-end ecommerce new projects in support of post-sale order management through multiple integrated systems end to end. This role is data and integration intensive.
- Application support lead for all back-end e-commerce PHP applications and integrations.
- Maintain overall system architecture, including data relationships between our order management system, our front-end system, and third-party solutions
- Lead internal resource interfacing directly with integrated 3rd parties and offshore development
- Own the refactoring, optimization, and hardening of our custom-built Order Management System hosted on AWS.
- Monitor and execution of Staging and Production Release Process including SQL execution and setting up cron services.
- Lead performance and scalability optimization
- Troubleshoot and correct issues affecting the customer experience or business operations
- Develop implementation standards to ensure quality
- 5 years’ experience with Ecommerce back-end processes including order flow, catalogs, product feeds, inventory management integrations, operational emails, and payment processing
- Prior experience providing excellent Application Support including after hours incident management, issue triage, and business communication
- Experience in a Demandware development - a plus
- 2 years’ experience in managing a team of in-house and off-shore web developers
- Experience in code versioning and related tools, such as Subversion, Bitbucket, Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure quality across all browser and device types
- Must have a strong project orientation, works well with deadlines, good follow up and follow through skills
- Be able to work internally with E-Commerce team and other internal and external stakeholders