Lead Database Engineer (SQL Server databases and Redshift/Aurora Postgres database clusters)
Technical Role: Lead Database Engineer
Who We Look For:
- Our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes under way.
- We are looking for a senior database engineer to align with technology leaders in creating Center of Excellence in designing and implementing databases across Fixed Income.
- Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in designing, configuring, and implementing large scale SQL Server databases on-prem and Redshift/Aurora databases on AWS.
- The right candidate for this role will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then this could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the configuration, design, and implementation of large-scale SQL Server databases and Redshift/Aurora Postgres database clusters
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions to meet business RPO & RTO requirements
- Design indexing, query tuning and partitioning strategies to improve database performance and reduce SQL query response times
- Design and implement solutions to migrate data from large on-prem SQL databases to Redshift databases in AWS
- Develop scripting solutions to automate operational database tasks (DDL/DML deployment, security management and database maintenance)
- Implement proactive monitoring and maintenance solutions to improve reliability and scalability of our enterprise database platforms
- Partner with architecture and engineering teams in the design, development, and implementation of new database applications
- Collaborate with engineering and support teams in defining, documenting, and evangelizing database best practices
What You Will Need:
- 10+ years of experience in the architecture, design, and implementation of large-scale RDBMS database systems
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the design, implementation, and management of multi-node Redshift & Aurora Postgres database clusters on AWS
- Strong experience in database schema design, use of sort keys and distribution keys in Redshift and indexing strategies in Aurora Postgres
- Strong knowledge of security related concepts in AWS databases (IAM roles, users, policies, temporary credentials, and security groups)
- Hands-on experience with bash / python scripting and source code management tools such as GIT
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum) including tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
What We Would Love to See:
Experience with financial services datasets
across investment, product and distribution functions.