Learning Experience Designer
Position Title: Learning Experience Designer
Reports To: Director, Content Solutions
Primary Purpose: Design, develop, and implement innovative continuing medical education (CME) and performance improvement learning solutions for physicians and health care providers. Consult and guide teams within the organization and with external partners and vendors to plan and build interactive educational content, curricula, and products.
- Develop educational products. Coordinate the design, development, and implementation of new educational resources for the nation’s physicians and health care professionals. Provide expertise in the design and development of new, responsive e-learning solutions. Facilitate processes to analyze content, target audience, and learner environment to identify appropriate instructional strategies in accordance with existing research in adult learning principles and practices. Lead processes to define and evaluate learning objectives, gaps and needs. Consult with subject matter experts to create online instructional content that effectively engages the adult learner. Design and develop assessment tools that effectively measure the mastery of the learning objectives. (40%)
- Enlist subject matter experts for content input to educational products. Work with national content experts, external provider partners and collaborators, and the educational production team to develop and deliver professional education material to the nation’s physicians and health care professionals. (20%)
- Coordinate with related internal and external groups. Work with various business units, outside provider organizations, and outside vendors to facilitate the development and delivery of professional education material to the nation’s physicians and health care professionals. (20%)
- Develop and maintain metrics and dashboards for reporting, evaluation, and improvement. Work with business units, outside provider organizations, and outside vendors to develop and maintain success metrics for professional medical education offerings. (10%)
- Professional medical education expertise. Maintain expertise in the field of professional medical education. Complete and maintain process for CME, process improvement, and other relevant medical education credit eligibility for educational products and materials. (10%)
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Degree in instructional design, educational psychology, or educational technology required. Master’s preferred.
- Five years’ experience in instructional design, curriculum development, or related field required.
- Demonstrated skills using standard authoring and graphic design communication tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Audacity, GoAnimate, AfterEffects, etc.).
- Demonstrated superior writing skills developing curricula, learning objectives and competency requirements, core content and job aids, evaluation/assessment tools, and training materials.
- Experience leading multiple projects concurrently with strong track record of on time and on target project completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the effective application of adult learning approaches and technologies to improve education and training for online learning.
- Internal and external networking and relationship-building skills for effective communication and the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, formulates options, discuss recommendations with the project team, and implement decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as to be a self-motivated, strong individual contributor.
- Experience testing and integrating SCORM and tin can API learning packages on various learning management systems highly desired.
- Experience in developing training for physicians highly desired.