Legal assistance/HR Generalist
NJ, Ridgefield Park
Position: Business Professional - HR Specialist 2(Mobility Consultant) | 6376-1
Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Duration: 12+ months contract (Possibility for extension)
Fluent in Korean
As a foreign headquartered organization, we have individuals who are working in the Americas on expatriate assignment from Korea. In Regional Human Resources (HR), we are responsible for providing a full range of support services to all expatriates (expats) within the organization in USA. This individual will be required to communicate daily with all levels of expats while liaising with the North America Regional Office to provide support of their pre-boarding/ onboarding/ and off-boarding in USA. As the population that this position supports are coming from Korea, this role requires excellent Korean and English language skills, written and oral.
· CONCIERGE SERVICES to Expats for their US onboarding to support ONSITE APPEARNCE to facilitate US Govt Doc such as DMV, SSA, USCIS, Bank etc
· Provide support 24/7 ADHOC OPERATION as required for emergency site visit such as ER, Accident scenes, and other urgent matter during emergency
· Provide ORIENTATION AND OTHER ON-BOARDING SUPPORT to expats upon arrival, including assistance with housing and other personal matters
· Support as EVENT PLANNER TO FACILITATE AND COORDINATE YEAR-ROUND EVENTS for expats including in-house or external seminars and recreation activities
o Review and prepare expats pre boarding planning system
o Maintain on-going communications with expats regarding various subsidies, visa, housing and any other matters that they may require assistance
o Review and process internal administration in NA database. Troubleshoot relevant issues as necessary.
o Conduct orientation for new expats to explain for the completion of required forms, opening of bank accounts and housing
o Prepare organization and external service providers for the arrival of expats
o Provide active support to departing expats related to their wind-down in the US
o Provide support to expatriates as required and as requested
o Proactively seek out ways in which to improve the expatriate experience
· Thorough knowledge of Korean business culture, etiquette and practices.
· Experience in administering and applying corporate policies at the individual level
· Strong interpersonal verbal/written skills; especially in person, on a client site. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
· Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
· Onsite customer facing experience.
· Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
· Working independently and able to re-prioritization of tasks/events/commitments quickly based on contract, client, and business situations.
· Highly skills at prioritization, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
· Legal assistance experience is a plus
· Fluency in Korean
· Dress code: Business professional.
Top 3 must-have skills/requirements –
1. Fluent in Korean
2. Must be able to facilitate ONSITE support (appearance) with expats to government site for legal doc issuance
3. Must have CAN DO spirit to be available all times as a concierge to Expats
Education requirement – BA in HR or related field
Years of experience – more than 2 years of Legal assistance/ executive assistance experience