Associate, Licensing, Disney & Pixar
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
This role will join the Disney and Pixar Third Party Commercialization team. The Associate provides support in managing a category of products and a portfolio of licensees in order to meet or exceed predetermined revenue targets and grow objectives.
Finance and Business Planning:
• Obtain and review quarterly sales forecast information from licensees in order to build quarterly forecast and budget.
• With the Product Development team, ensure thoroughness/accuracy of UPC codes and product descriptions.
• Gather and review weekly POS information and bi-annual business reviews.
• Support strategy and business planning by providing analysis including POS, market share, consumer insights and trend research.
• Support brand marketing initiatives including the development and execution of plans.
• Route and ensure timely approvals of licensee’s public relations and advertising materials.
• Provide licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand/sales presentations.
• Manages day-to-day relationship with assigned licensees for a specific segment of the business, providing information, facilitating assets, resolving issues, reviewing/approving of submissions and promotion/advertising initiatives.
• Supports Manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analyses, strategy presentations, product line analysis and other projects for the category.
• Direct responsibility for a sub-set of licensees and Special Projects as assigned.
• Helps identify new business opportunities and explore how to maximize business with current licensees.
• Develops and present trends and competitive research within the category as assigned by manager.
• Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics.
• Set-up line reviews with licensees and PD team where required.
• Works with Product Development team to approve and maintain line lists; execute merchandise plans.
• Liaise with Product Development team to ensure timely approval of products which may include: lead meetings, responding to questions related to OPA submission changes, UPC code accuracy, product descriptions, executes merchandising plans, public relations and advertising coordination.
• Works with Licensees and Disney Product Development teams to develop product that meets retailer needs while maintaining Disney and Pixar quality, brand/property objectives, and character integrity standards.
• Prepare product presentations including but not limited to internal line reviews, product showcases and licensee pitches.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
• Provide all needed product and licensee information to the Integrated Retail Sales and marketing to support retail road shows, presentations, and property initiatives.
• Contribute to presentation planning with emphasis on building compelling decks, visually illustrating concepts/ideas and utilizing data for impact.
• Build effective presentations in Keynote/PowerPoint and Excel for a variety of purposes including line reviews, business and strategy updates, licensee briefings, concept pitches and retail buyer presentations.
• Develop and apply an understanding of the retail business development, retail distribution and the retail environment.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and able to effectively communicate to both internal and external partners
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Highly detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at one time
• Able to work both independently and as a team player
• Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Keynote)
• Strong financial analysis skills and adept at goal setting and performance management
• Experience in Licensing and Consumables or Consumer Electronics Industry a plus
• High level of interest in category/licensing preferred – retail/wholesale and/or product development experience a plus